Neil Warnock doesn’t think he is going to manage any other club once he is done with his current job. Warnock is currently at helm at Cardiff City and is one of the oldest managers going around in the Premiership. He will be 70 soon and there is only one manager there who is older than him in the English top flight at the moment and that’s Roy Hodgson who is in charge of Crystal Palace.

Warnock has remained associated with Football for a period of over 5 decades. He started his career as a player with Chesterfield in 1967 and then went on to play for 8 different clubs over a period of 12 years before hanging his boots. After retirement, he began his management career just a couple of years later and has already managed 17 teams so far, but he is no mood to stretch it any further and has dropped hints that he is looking to bid adieu to the game as a manager once he parts ways with Cardiff. Warnock’s current contract keeps him in the job till the conclusion of the 2018-19 Season.
(more…)

Read more

Romelu Lukaku is looking at the upcoming three Premier League games of Manchester United as an excellent opportunity to make stronger his chances of being the top scorer of the season in the competition. On Saturday, Wolves visited the Old Trafford ahead of starting his trip to West Ham and a home fixture opposite Newcastle, so in the meantime Lukaku could be the race’s clear leader for the Golden Boots

Lukaku will go into this weekend’s game with four goals in the Premier League, one goal behind the Eden Hazard of Chelsea at the top of the standing, but has not had the completely smooth beginning. He has scored a goal in each of past two league matches of United. He scored both the goals in a win of 2-0 of 2nd September at Burnley and the other one in last in Watford, weekend with the score 2-1 victory.
(more…)

Read more

Everton has indicated their interest in signing up Benfica and Mexican striker, Raul Jimenez as they head into the season with gusto and in high spirits. The summer which heralded the opening of the transfer window has seen Ronald Koeman, Everton’s manager sign a host of players.

However, Koeman seems not to be satisfied yet as he is still hoping to sign another striker. His main target at the moment is Jimenez. Benfica has gone ahead to inform Everton that they would let him off for a fee of £45 million. (more…)

Read more

Leicester City ace Daniel Amartey has reportedly emerged as a transfer target for Stuttgart, who are back in the Bundesliga this season. The Ghana international has largely played a backup role to the first-team, and his future has been put into doubt following Matty James’ return to the squad.

Amartey joined the Foxes from Danish giants Copenhagen back in the summer of 2016, and he has since been restricted to just 25 appearances in the top-flight. In his first season, he had played second fiddle to none other than N’Golo Kante, who took the Premier League by storm with his workrate which guided the Foxes to a maiden Premier League title. (more…)

Read more

Everton striker Romelu Lukaku is trying his luck again this summer as he reveals he has agreed personal terms with another Premier League side. The Belgium international refused to name the club but many can guess.

Lukaku said he knows the direction his career is headed and that his reps are aware of his decision. The former Chelsea forward said his reps and him are “staying calm” as there is a direction to be followed. The Toffees star, who is on international duty, told the Belgian media that he would be playing in the Champions League next season, claiming his innermost desires is to win trophies. (more…)

Read more

There was a period of time when Jordi Alba was a regular starter in Barcelona but unfortunately for the Spanish defender, he just is not playing any real influential or important role at the Camp Nou.


Jordi Alba has stated on various occasions that his relationship with the head coach Luis Enrique is not healthy as he does not get any kind of confidence from the Barcelona manager and this is something that every player should get in order to help the players perform at a higher level.

On March 24 of 2017, Spain locked horns against Israel for their 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification match and Jordi Alba was called up. This game concluded in a 4-1 triumph for the Spanish side and the 28 year old defender went on to voice his concerns in relation to his current situation in Barcelona as Jordi Alba said:

“I feel the total confidence of the boss here in the Spain camp, which for me is a compliment and something that fills me with confidence. It’s something I’m not having at Barcelona and that I’d maybe like to have’’

“To come here and to have the confidence of Julen gives me a lot of strength. He asks me what I’ve been used to doing in the national team and at Barca in recent years. I notice the trust of the boss and the technical team is at 100 per cent.”

Jordi Alba still plays a significant role in Barcelona as he does get time on the pitch but in comparison to a few years ago when he was an undisputed starter, it’s a big difference as Jordi Alba just isn’t an impactful figure in Camp Nou.

This current La Liga season of 2017-18 is the last one of Luis Enrique as the head coach of Barcelona and the approaching departure of Enrique could be good news for Jordi Alba as the I Love AC MilanSpanish defender could get a 2nd chance to become a regular starter when the new manager arrives.

Read more

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is looking forward to stopping the run of Wolves and their manager Paul Lambert when both sides clash in the FA Cup.

The pair are set to meet again after their earlier clash in Italy.

When Conte used to play football, he was sidelined so he could not appear, as Juventus were defeated 3-1 by rivals Borussia Dortmund in the 1996 /97 Champions League final. Lambert lined up for Dortmund so emotions could be stirred up when they meet this time as managers, however with both present.

Also, Lambert has ended the run of two Premier League sides Stoke City and Liverpool in the tournament this term. They would be looking at another upset – a major one if they can push out the Premier League leaders who are beaming with confidence.

“This is one of the three finals I lost. We were favourites. I remember that they were the underdog before the game, but they won very well against us. He was a good player. I remember very well,” Conte said of the time they met as players.

“Revenge is not a good word. Now we started a new career me and Lambert, as coaches. I wish for him the best for his career – after the game. For me it will be a great pleasure to shake his hand,” Conte added.

Both sides will go head to head at Molineux in the evening. Chelsea are the favourites ahead of the clash but the coach would likely rest a few senior players whilst giving the youngsters time to shine.

Read more

It is the hope of Mikkel Beck, Lucas Digne’s agent, that his client can go on to take over from Jordi Alba as Barcelona’s first choice in the left-back position, and as a legendary player as well.


Last summer saw Digne in a move from Paris St. Germain to the Catalonian Giants for a fee of €16.5 million.

With the kind of injury problems besotting Alba, the new left-back has gone on to make no less than 15 appearances with the club. However, Luis Enrique always picks Alba as his first choice whenever he is fit, but Beck hopes this can change in no distant time.

Speaking to Get French Football News, Digne’s agent said:
“In time we hope that [Digne] will take over from Alba and become a Barca legend in years to come.

“That is the reason why we signed [for Barca]. He respects Alba for being a great player and he has a really good relationship with him and for the moment they have shared the playing time very well.

“I think that Luis Enrique is very happy to have two left-backs who can play whenever he needs them to.”

The agent of the 23-year old also mentioned that a top club like Barcelona always needs no less than two players in each position, so as to sharply fill up any vacuums, if they wish to continue picking up the titles they have been getting in a while.

Last season, Digne was on a loan spell with Roma but the Italian club decided to sign him off in the summer. Also, they got an interest from a club in the Premier League, but according to Beck, choosing to move to Barca wasn’t a difficult decision.

Read more

Barcelona were hoping Jordi Alba’s injury would not be that serious to some level after he was forced off in the first half of Spain’s 2018 World Cup qualifier against Italy, he was immediately replaced by Riccardo Montolivo.

The 24-time Spanish La Liga winner later announced that the left-back Jordi Alba will be sidelined for 10 days due to a thigh injury, which means he is expected be ready for the crunch clash with England Side, Manchester City.

The 27-year old was medically attended to before limping off the pitch in the 22nd minute of Thursday’s 1-1 draw in Turin to be replaced by Real Madrid stopper, Nacho.

The Barcelona defender, Alba, was the subject of medical tests on Friday morning which confirmed a muscular injury on his left thigh, which insinuates he will return home.
“The RFEF’s medical services have contacted FC Barcelona to inform them of the diagnostics,”a statement culled from Spain’s press release.

The Spain international was forced off the pitch in the first half of Spain’s 1-1 World Cup qualifying draw with Italy in Turin on Thursday after pulling up in an unpleasant physical discomfort.

The former Valencia full-back has gone through different medical tests which the outcome proved that the defender has sustained minor injury to his left thigh, which was said to keep him out of the clash forthcoming between Barcelona and Deportivo La Coruna next Saturday in Spanish La Liga.

Jordi Alba is however expected to be fit enough for the UEFA Champions’ League group game-stage against Pep Guardiola’s men at Camp Nou the following Wednesday after league game.

“Medical tests have confirmed that Jordi Alba has an elongation of the femoral biceps in his left thigh,” a Barca statement said. “The approximate time out will be 10 days.”

Read more

Barcelona Coach Luis Enrique hailed the Barcelona team that defeated Real Betis 6-2 despite the injury concerns ahead of the game.

Lionel Messi tried getting his third after hitting a brace but couldn’t. However, Luis Suarez got his with Messi assisting him. Ardan Turan was the one who opened scoring in the first half before Ruben Castro equalised through a free kick for the visitors. The 1-1 scoreline quickly changed with a Barca team that was missing seven first team players scoring goal after goal with Messi being the clear star in the match. The second goal for Betis came in the final minutes of the game.

Andres Iniesta, Neymar, Javier Mascherano , Jeremy Mathieu, Andre Gomes, Marc-Andre Ter Stegen and Rafinha were not on the list for the game due to injury, suspension or being in another event (Neymar). Jordi Alba, Samuel Umtiti, Gerard Pique were in defence leaving Ivan Rakitic, Turan, Sergio Busquets in the middle as they started their La Liga title defence.

“The players were very motivated and very active both in attack and defence. We were brave and very effective. A complete game,” Enrique told the club’s official website.

Sergi Roberto received a lot of acclaim for his effort in the game as full back. “Sergio Roberto, down the flank as always, very attentive in his defensive aspect of his game, and showed good anticipation. In attack, he was very good, looking for space and creating chances,” Enrique added.
Claudio Bravo was in front of goal but may felt he could have done more to stop the two goals from Real Betis. After the game, it was announced that he would be moving to Manchester City to join former coach Pep Guardiola. Guardiola benched former No 1 Joe Hart with the hope of bring in another, so may would wonder if Bravo is supposed to be the upgrade.

Read more